Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Melting Snowman S'mores



One of the things I've been meaning to buy is a S'more Maker Set just because I love S'mores!  I actually  purchased  one a few months ago and this was the first time we've used it. The traditional s'more is made with toasted marshmallow, graham crackers and pieces of chocolate ( I prefer Hershey's milk chocolate bar). I grew up not knowing about the existence of this yummy treat because it's more popular in the United States but eversince I got a taste of this  gooey piece of heaven, I got hooked! I  already lost count how many times I posted about s'mores. I've introduced my nieces to S'mores a few years back and they all loved it! So recently, the kids had fun making melting snowman s'mores and to add more fun, I turned it into a mini competition. Whoever makes the cutest melting snowman s'more wins a prize! I saw the idea  of making melting snowman s'mores online but the blog is private so I can't link it. Sis, my cousin and  my Aunt judged the kids' creations. I let the judges out of the room while the kids were creating their masterpieces so they won't be biased.



Ingredients ( other candies used are not in the picture)


Hershey's Smore Maker Set


I made a few melting snowman s'mores beforehand so the kids had an idea what to make.



Instead of  hershey's chocolate bar, the kids used nutella. The alcohol gel lasted for 2 hours.



I made it easy for the kids by preparing everything they needed. I premade the snowman heads adding details using black gourmet writer for the eyes and mouth and orange food color for the nose.


marshmallows and chocolate drink to go with the kids' s'mores


pretzel sticks and assorted candies


Roasting marshmallows



They had cold Milo chocolate drink


The kiddos enjoyed putting these together!

they got consolation prizes




The kiddos with one of the judges. See you on our next s'more day!






40 comments:

JonDmur said...

napaka creative naman.... sure na kahit sinong bata mag eenjoy... pati na rin matanda hehehe

Galing ng mga kids!



Thumbs up!

Gracie said...

Great sweet S'more idea!

sherene said...

Naka red lahat sila:)

michi said...

cuteness naman ng mga gamit parang naglalaro lang sila.

fiel-kun said...

Hi Miss Anney!

Huwaw, sobrang cute naman nung marshmallow para kainin. Mainam to para sa mga bagets :)

Happy Christmas!

MEcoy said...

well as expected of you annie
napaka creative ganda!
thumbs up,
san mo ba nakukuha yang mga item mo
gaganda ee

pede ba pahiram ng isang barbie dyan haha ang cucute ng mag batang to talaga

Allison said...

OMG those smores look so good!
:)
Allison

A's Fashion Files
Win a $40 Giftcard for some JEWELRY! $10 to anyone who enters! :)
Shop Kawaii Kitsch by A on Etsy!

Karolina B-H said...

you never stop amaze me with your ideas!!

xxo

joy said...

You are very good in this anney. Saludo talaga ako sa mga ideas mo:) and the kids, alwAys sweet:)

i♥pinkc00kies said...

Cute!

Genskie said...

awww super cute set... very good for kids... Super enjoy sila tignan

Pao Kun said...

Waah ang kyoot! Parang gusto ko mag join sa mga kiddos! HAHAH! :))

mymy said...

fun activity! ako lang ang may gusto ng s'mores dito sa bahay...lol. lucky me! :D

Advance Merry Christmas!!! :)

ZaiZai said...

too cute to eat! ang saya naman ng smores maker set!

ang saya ng pa contest - at least pati ang mga kiddos lumelevel ang creativity gaya ng sayo Anney :)

sm said...

beautiful creations

kikaymommysha said...

WOW! MAkalaglag panga naman tong s'mores mo! Where did you bought the S'more maker?! I want that tooo! I super love your nieces, supah model lang ang mga peg! Love 'et!

Rovie Aguis said...

wow, kakainggit ang talent ng mga chikiting. Parang namana ata ang pagiging artist ng Tita Aney nila.

They look like they are having so much fun with what they are doing...

Senyor Iskwater said...

cute ng mga kids and they're lucky to have modified shabu-shabu... happy holidays!

SunnyToast said...

such a great way to bond with kidos this holiday:)

Spanish Pinay said...

ang saya-saya talaga jan sa inyo lagi :) that is really a nice activity with the kids. na-encourage pa ang kanilang creativity!

Spanish Pinay

Manong Unyol said...

wow galing napaka creative.. :)

dean gabriel said...

very creative ng mga kiddos sis, pwede na sila i join sa junior chef, he he..

Bka pwede po pa x-link sa aking other blog http://www.atimelineofdestiny.com

Thanks!

Noelle Chantal said...

Wow wow! I waana do this too! Grabe you are so creative as always. Thanks for sharing your amazing ideas

Phioxee said...

grabeh! ang sarap sarap naman non. kahit matandang tulad ko natatakam.

Jhordan Kee said...

Grabe nakakapaglaway ang mga chocolate lalo yung choco drink.

Arvin U. de la Peña said...

so true..creative ka talaga..

Pink Line said...

nagmana sau ng pagka-creative ang mga pamangkin mo..puro ba talaga girls ang mga pamangkin mo oh hindi lang kasali ang mga boys dito?

Leovi said...

Wonderful photos, I love the delicacy that you get with this portraits.

Pettit Mom said...

S'mores is very fun. we do that often when we go to out of camping. You did a good idea to buy a little one for kids, sounds both you'll had fun.... happy holiday

suituapui said...

Oooo...awesome! So cute. A Blessed Christmas to you and your loved ones and a Happy 2013!

maqui said...

Aliw!!!
Sarap mo maging tita!. Anney, gusto kita gawing ninang ng anak ko! kahit sa boy scout!

CutestPrincess said...

ang cute ng melting snowman, creative narin ung mga niece mo!

It’s a GIRL Thing

Shenny's mommy said...

Merry X'mas and a Happy New Year for you and your love ones..., Anney.

Vanessa said...

A Christmas Wish that your home may be blessed with laughter and love.

Chatty said...

I'm sure the kids had so much fun! They're growing up to be as creative as their aunt Anney ah. Good job! :)

janakidiary said...

i love your smores maker set, panalo! ang sarap ng household nyo, laging party time :)

Marjorie Gavan said...

Looks fun! The kids looked like they had a grand time, I would to if I was in it hehehe...

The smores of the girl who won first prize is also my favorite.

EINz said...

Wow! San nabibili yan? Haha. Silly me, am actually not aware of that.

Tin | The Average Jane said...

Ang galing! =)

I wish I was as creative as you and your family are. Pwede ba pa-adopt? Hehehe! =)

Mindbroker Cor said...

Hello po.

Like you 1 year na po ako naghahanap ng smores maker. san nto po nabili

Related Posts with Thumbnails