Monday, December 12, 2011

Shangri-La's Mactan Resort and Spa ( part 1 of 2)

It all started with Cebu Pacific seat sale. I wanted to book a flight without a destination in mind. Then Michi's (of michi photostory) post about their Shangrila's Mactan Resort and Spa day trip came to mind. I also wanted to visit Shangrila's Mactan since I've read her post about it so I booked a flight for a 3 day trip to Cebu. ( I wanted a 4 day trip but Ykaie has to go to school!) Then I learned that Shangri-La won't accept day tours if the hotel is full. I didn't want to spoil our trip so I just reserved for a Deluxe Sea View Room. Upon arrival at the hotel, we were informed that our room has been upgraded to Ocean Wing Panorama Room. It was only 9 Am in the morning but we were allowed for an early check in. The room has a panoramic view of the ocean. The hotel is everything you would expect from a 5 star hotel. Our room was extremely comfortable, very clean and very well managed. This trip was actually a surprise birthday gift for my sister. It was her birthday yesterday! I just told her we were going to Cebu without disclosing where we would stay. It was just an overnight stay since we were transferring to a different resort the next day.





Upon arrival, we were assisted by Shangri-la's airport representative.




Our cozy room










This is the view from our room. I think the view could have been nicer if we were situated on a higher floor. We were on the second floor.




It was raining in the morning. We started exporing the place when the rain stopped and after having lunch.
















Ykaie was having fun with this giant Chess board set up












Infinity pool



39 comments:

aLgene said...

Looks like you really had a perfect day! Bongga oh! :)

bluedreamer27 said...

Hi Anney.. wow it's been awhile.. it is so nice to be here in your blog again

bluedreamer27 said...

napaka ganda naman ng place na yan.. very stunning indeed kaso mukhang kjailangan ng malaking budget for this haha

bluedreamer27 said...

have a great day Anney and Happy blogging to you

KM said...

si Ykaie eh laging tangay tangay din sa gala ah ;) and the room looks cozy indeed! ang sarap din maglublob dun sa infinity pool. ay naku, kelan ko kaya mapapasyalan 'to? ;)

sw0605 said...

Spectacular view! looking forward to our next visit @ shangrila..I miss Cebu!!!

Sumi Go said...

Wow, I love the view and parang ang comfy to stay in Shangri-la Mactan.. :) I've only been in Cebu once, pero the next time we'll pay Cebu a visit, I'll suggest to my folks to stay in Shangri-la Mactan.. ^^

Rovie said...

Ang ganda ng place! At obvious na obvious na nag eenjoy kayo...

Life is really good ah...Way to go Annie... Sa tingin ko pwde ka nang magsimula ng travel blog hehehe

Katya kate said...

Wow such an engrande birthday surprise for a sister! You're so sweet! And this 5 star hotel is so awesome and the view is breathtaking!

rome said...

ganda (inggit ako)

Kristeta ♥ (kalokang Pinay) said...

I bet you had a blast sis =) Ang sarap naman. sana matry din namin ito paguwi namin - kung kelan man yun, hehehe =)

joy said...

well, naka pagtravel na naman ako through your blog. Hehe. free sightseeing. Nice place and beautiful people:)

Lalah said...

If I knew you were here in Cebu I would have go to Shangrila. hahahah I live in Lapu-lapu City. Sana nag meet si Ykai and my little Sophia noh. :)

jinky said...

wow, what a nice way to relax :-D inggit ako :-D

mayen said...

OMG the place is stunning. You're so sweet to surprise your sister. Happy Birthday to her. :)

-Sapphire Mommy (Mommy Jo)- said...

ang ganda ng place,very relaxing! happy birthday to your equally fab sister :)

michi said...

wow! kinabog mo ko anney, nagstay ka talaga sa shang. hehe! sana next time ako din, pampered kasi mga guests diyan.

J said...

Sarap naman ng get away nyo!

beingwell said...

Super cool! I enjoyed the gigantic chessboard photo.

vic estanque said...

wow! ganda naman. and nice to be back here again. :)

mommy-razz said...

wow! nice shots.. ay nadadaanan ko lang yan, hehe! cant afford ang beauty ko..

Bee said...

Wow! I would love to experience Shangri-La MActan too! I hope you had a wonderful break sis!

Join my first ever giveaway: http://beforeiturn25.blogspot.com/2011/12/space-enter-my-first-giveaway.html

Mimi said...

Ang ganda namn po dyan!

Mimi said...

Ang sosyal!

mathea said...

hi Sis! may mga mura bang airfare ngayon? i wanna go there too. somewhere else kahit palawan or kahit saan, hehhee looking forward sa mahabang bakasyon. nice pictures, enjoy ang sister mo. ;)

Em said...

Wow! i wish I had a sister or Tita like you :)

i am certified said...

Wow! I'd been to Cebu a couple of times already but never stayed at this hotel, sana one of this day makapag check in din ako jan at maexperience yan. hehe.. Thumbs up for a sweet sister like you :)

MC said...

Been there before. Miss the place.

Nice photos too! <3

mymy said...

FUN! oo nga, maganda dyan. been there before with hubby and my eldest (wla pa ung pangalawa, hahaha). :)

maiylah said...

awww, so sweet! ganda ng birthday gift na yan! happy birthday to Peachkins!

suituapui said...

Beautiful place. Never been to Cebu, the name sounds the same as the town where I come from, Sibu... LOL!!!

AYA said...

I've been to Shangrila Mactan once, napapicture lang. Haha. Enjoy Sugbu! =)

Ruth said...

Loved this place!
I was here 2 decades ago.
Thanks for sharing.

Lainy said...

Oh gosh! That's so beautiful! Would love to go there too, hehe! Beautiful captures as usual, Anney. Keep them coming :-)

Chatty said...

wow, sosyal ka talaga anney! ;)

CutestPrincess said...

what a perfect place! i wanna go there too!

It’s a GIRL Thing

blissfulguro said...

ang sosyal nga! looked like you guys had fun talaga! :)

Mitch said...

LOVE THE PLACE but might be too expensive..someday, I will! Love your posts! Perfect for honeymooners and for family getaway na rin. The pool looks great!

Malditang "Kura"cha said...

shocks bakit ba hindi ko alam yan. hahaha! nakakainis nainggit ako. I should've treat my mom there when we were in Cebu. how much ang day tour, if I may ask?. Ok na sakin kahit hindi na ko mag stay sa gabi basta makapag pictorial lang hahaha!

Related Posts with Thumbnails