Sunday, October 10, 2010

Frankenstein Sugar Cookie Pops



I received 4 sets of Wilton Halloween cookie cutters from my Aunt last year so I thought of making some halloween treats. I picked out the Frankenstein cookie cutter and made a batch of sugar cookie pops. I used Wilton Sugar Cookie recipe and was able to make 18 pieces. I decorated the cookies with royal icing. This recipe is great for a small batch of cookies but I'll lessen the amount of sugar next time I try baking again coz the royal icing made the cookies a bit sweet to my taste.


Sugar cookies ( Wilton recipe)

1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp baking powder
1 3/4 cups flour
1 tbsp milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 375°F. Cream butter and sugar, add egg and mix. Add remaining ingredients and mix until smooth. Refrigerate dough 2 hours. Roll out dough 1/8 in. thick on lightly floured surface, dip cutter into flour before each use. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Place on cooling rack for 5 minutes, remove from sheet and cool. Makes 18-24 cookies.


Royal icing:
4 cups powdered sugar
3 tbsp meringue powder
6 tbsp water
1/2- 1 tsp almond extract or vanilla extract
food coloring

Mix powdered sugar, meringue powder, almond extract and water for 5 minutes. Add water a little at a time until you get the consistency you want.
Tint icing with desired food coloring.



Wilton Halloween cookie cutters







I turned this plastic cup into a frankenstein





Frankenstein Sugar Cookie Pops




Little Frankenstein





I love this mask! lol!

28 comments:

♥peachkins♥ said...

ang ganda naman ng anak ko kahit na frankenstein!

UmmiRosma said...

hehehe...a very good pose! I wish I could taste one of the cookies...

angelaze said...

grabe! you are so creative!!! and yes! kse ang cute din ng model eh

angelaze said...

grabe! you are so creative!!! and yes! kse ang cute din ng model eh

J said...

Super creative!!!

rome said...

another great Halloween idea from your oven huh

Shenny's mommy said...

Bravo, your creation is awesome.

Ishmael Fischer Ahab said...

Oh! A Frankenstain fan. ^_^

She is so cute and the popsicles and the items too...but I guess I can't eat the Frankentein popsicle. It might taste like the real Frankenstein. :-P

Mekinudols said...

batabatuta akin na lang candy mong si Frankenstein! :D

kung kaya ko lang bimisita araw2 dito para makita kung anong bagong gadget mo for baking gagawin ko. hihi... ^_^

malapit na tlga akong mapilit mag-self study ng baking sa bahay hehe...

Maggie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
supermommyjem said...

very nice! Ang galing I'm sure sobrang happy na nman yung pamangkin mo nyan... Ang cute ng design ni Frankenstein naging mukhang lovable(lol)

sikoletlover said...

wow! me wants those frankstein sugar cookie pops ^_^

super spoiled ang iyong pamangkin :)

Alice Law said...

You are so creative, look at the beautiful smiles on your niece's face... she is proud of having you!

Happy Holloween!

bluedreamer27 said...

ang cute naman... perfect talag for the upcoming Halloween

Dj Mariñas said...

ang galing naman talaga ni ate ! sana pag may oven na ko mag karoon din ako ng tyaga sa mga ganyan para ma enjoy ni Yanna :-)

pinayrichmom said...

as always, very creative! I wish my little C has an aunt like you! I'm sure she'll always be happy to taste your sweet treats! =)

poorprince said...

sooo cute,
i remember back when i was still a kid i used to buy those chocolates with snowman shapes which is being sold every Christmas
but this halloween candies are just so good perfect for the "trick or treats"

poorprince said...

have a great day annie

poorprince said...

you did great on that plastic cups its soo cute

poorprince said...

the girl in costume was so cudly

eden said...

Wow, you are so creative. Love to taste your Sugar cookie pops..hehehe.. Can I have some?

I Love-Hate America by Bing said...

What I love about your blog are your numerous posts about creative ways to enjoy moments with kids....galing nito.

Sera said...

omg, anney.
i wish to have that frankestein cookies! XD
btw, what r u gonna do on halloween? :D

Mommy Liz said...

ang galing galing mo naman ate Anney. Mag Halloween party kami sa Oct 30 dito sa house. send mo nga sa akin ang entry mo na cookies na daliri? hehehe..nanggagaya ng recipe eh noh?

Tine said...

astig! ang cute ng bungad sa blog mo.. katuwa. i think i'll be enjoying your site... dami kong matututunan eh. :D

Clarissa said...

Gosh,your so creative Anney pot!Tyak mage-enjoy ang mga bata na mag-trick or treat sa inyo!^_^

Bieberlake said...

Ang cute!

Anonymous said...

Hi there, ӏ believe your site might be having web broωser
compatіbility issues. When I loοk at уour site
in Sаfari, it looks fine howevеr whеn
openіng іn Internеt Εxρlorer,
it's got some overlapping issues. I simply wanted to provide you with a quick heads up! Aside from that, fantastic website!
my web page > UPVC Doors

Related Posts with Thumbnails