Tuesday, January 12, 2010

3 minute Chocolate Mug Cake




I got this recipe in an email forward from a friend last year. I had the chance to try this the other day. This is a good recipe to make an easy and quick chocolate cake. It's a quick treat you can whip up in the microwave in about 3 minutes. It tasted pretty ok. Better eaten warm coz it becomes ultra dense once it cooled off.


Ingredients:
4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil ( I used canola oil)
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
a small splash of vanilla extract



Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well.





Add the egg and mix thoroughly. Pour in the milk and oil and mix well. Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.






Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts (high). The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed! Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.

It spilled out of the mug first time I tried. It was a mess! lol! I had to watch the second one and stop once the cake rose over the top. I should have used a bigger mug.





I just drizzled some chocolate syrup since I didn't have chocolate chips on hand. I think adding chocolate chips will make it tastier. It’s not the same as real baked cake, but it still makes a chocolate snack of some sort. Maybe if I added baking powder the texture will be more cakey and makes it fluffier. My nieces enjoyed eating them.




24 comments:

ppp said...

penge naman tita anney, pati si ykaie nag enjoy sa sokolate mo..pag ganyan lagi ang posting mo naku walang mangyayari sa diet nyo ni mommy peach...

darly said...

parang molten chocolate lava ang effect, kulang na lang vanilla ice cream.

thanks for posting- great idea for quick dessert :)

♥peachkins♥ said...

in fairness, masarap...

rossel said...

wow an easy recipe. thanks for sharing, anney.

Clarissa said...

perfect meryenda nga yan for kids,masarap na hinde pa masyadong maselan gawin!^_^

Mom of Four said...

Maluluto ba ang flour in just 3 minutes sa microwave? Mukhang super moist ah..

zuiyanhong said...

Wow so easy to prepare chocolate mug cake. It's a good idea......

eden said...

it looks yummy, Anney. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I will grab a chance to try it.

Happy weekend

Arvin U. de la Peña said...

lami kaayo.......ma try nga,,hehe..

peppermayo said...

nice! i ought to try this one time and put my husband's ability-to-eat anything-i-make to the real test!

MamaFaMi said...

I like browsing through your page. You are full of colors and you just made life so colorful and fun! Keep it up Anney...

Nadine said...

I want to try this! haha. sarap again and again ng mga posts mo ate :P penge!!!

Mga Epal said...

we'll try this for sure and link this post para kahit hindi kami successful at palpak pag gumawa kami.. makikita nila na nagagawa ng iba at posible.

A.M.I.N.A said...

Looks yummy and very easy to prepare.Will try this for sure.Thanks for sharing.

chubskulit said...

Ang galing galing mo talaga sa mga foodie hehehe.. sarap mo sigruong maging kapitabahay hehehe.

MaxiVelasco said...

Hello Anney! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

This looks really simple. I might try it one day myself. Looks yummy, too1

HAVE A NICE DAY!

ILikePaperCutting said...

thanks for sharing this easy recipe.

bluedreamer27 said...

wow that looks good... i never thought baking a cka e would be as easy like this... i better try this too...
oh... i must say that you are so creative and so expert in this kind of field...
'm wishing someday... i can bake and make pastries on my own haha

shaine said...

Mukhang madali to ah, I'll try this soon. Bookmark this page para madali ko mahanap LoL

Anyway sis maya award ako sau, check ithere

Thanks

microwavemugcakes.com said...

Awesome recipe. I'm so crazy about it that I wrote a whole book that builds on this recipe, but also adds baking tips and decorating ideas. It's called "101 Recipes for Microwave Mug Cakes." Feel free to visit my site where you'll find two free microwave mug cake recipes: http://www.microwavemugcakes.com.

Dj Mariñas said...

uy bago ito a. masubukan nga :-D

Willie a.k.a Reptoz said...

wow. the chocolate looks thick.

Edison said...

It's looks good.. I'll try it.

beingwell said...

Alam mo ba, i love to bake kaya lang wala akong oven! This is so cool friend! Thanks!!

Rizza (beingwell)

Related Posts with Thumbnails